I really thought that this was a neat reading exercise. I learned that freewriting is a tool used to help improve a writers ability to write what is on their mind without any input or interruptions. As we write we automatically start editing ourseleves as we go along, but freewrite was developed to eliminate that editing portion.
There are people who think that freewriting is pointless and doesn't make any sense. I think that it is a neat way to help you become more confident in your writing skills. It seems as though you also would be less worried about judgement so the writer won't be so self concious about what they are putting down on paper.
I don't think anything suprised me about the reading, but it all made sense as to why we react the way we do when we are under the pressure of a critic. Freewriting is a great way to help us express ourselves and not to worry about what other people think.
About Me
- Andrea Montalvan
- Hello there everyone! My name is Andrea. I am twenty-five years old. I have a seven week old little girl. I am currently a stay at home mom. I grew up and am still located in Clearlake. I am majoring in nursing. I am pretty sure that I want to be a nurse, but as many people I am sometimes still unsure. I love to hunt, fish and to go running. I enjoy being outdoors with my daughter and my fiancé. We hunt turkeys, ducks, pheasant and deer. We have a chocolate lab named Remington. He is trained for hunting and retrieving birds. We enjoy the simple country life here in Clearlake. As far as college goes I am excited for another semester. I am a visual learner who likes to try to get my assignments in a little earlier than the due dates. I do have to take my time when it comes to reading. I have a hard time focusing while I am reading since I am not a sit down and read type of person. I only read for the sake of my classes, otherwise I hate reading. I am hoping to become a better at reading and writing this semester. I am a little rusty since I have been out of school for eight years now. I look forward to getting to know all of you in the course.
Hi Andrea:
ReplyDeleteI totally agree that freewriting is a great way to express our self and not worry about what someone else thinks. I know that when I write I edit myself constantly. I am hoping that freewriting will help me to relax, clear my brain. Barb
Hi Andrea,
ReplyDeleteThere are definitely critics of freewrites; some people think writing always needs to be focused and organized, but I think writing can serve multiple purposes. A freewrite probably shouldn't be submitted as a final essay, but it should definitely be used to generate ideas and to produce rough drafts of an essay. It's much easier to produce an essay when you're not simultaneously trying to figure out the points you're trying to make.
Thanks for your ideas.
Lauren