About Me

Hello there everyone! My name is Andrea. I am twenty-five years old. I have a seven week old little girl. I am currently a stay at home mom. I grew up and am still located in Clearlake. I am majoring in nursing. I am pretty sure that I want to be a nurse, but as many people I am sometimes still unsure. I love to hunt, fish and to go running. I enjoy being outdoors with my daughter and my fiancé. We hunt turkeys, ducks, pheasant and deer. We have a chocolate lab named Remington. He is trained for hunting and retrieving birds. We enjoy the simple country life here in Clearlake. As far as college goes I am excited for another semester. I am a visual learner who likes to try to get my assignments in a little earlier than the due dates. I do have to take my time when it comes to reading. I have a hard time focusing while I am reading since I am not a sit down and read type of person. I only read for the sake of my classes, otherwise I hate reading. I am hoping to become a better at reading and writing this semester. I am a little rusty since I have been out of school for eight years now. I look forward to getting to know all of you in the course.

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Rules for Writers chapter 47......

Rules for Writers chapter 47 talked about how to construct a reasonable argument. While trying to construct your argument you need to keep in mind that the goal is not just to win, but to show your passionate side about a specific topic. In your arguments about the topic you need to explain what your understanding is about the topic and share you knowledge about the topic as well. Making sure that you fully understand the social and intellectual issues and contexts of the subject is very important to show your competency to your readers, not putting yourself at any disadvantage. In the beginning of your argument you need to establish your stance on the topic and also establishing your credibility on the topic is extremely important. Lastly, gathering supportive evidence to support your argument is the key to developing a legitimate and successful argument.
I really learned a lot from reading this chapter. I never really looked at constructing an argument just for the sake of proving a point, and not to win or have the last word. I always perceived an argument to be just for argument sake, not to present your case to numerous people as if they were like a jury. I intend on using the tips that I have learned in this chapter to help me better my skills at argumentative topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment