Reading chapter 2 I learned a few very important tools to help improve my writing skills. First tool that I learned was that there are a couple of important steps to starting a great paper. Having a strong thesis is one of the important steps and secondly to introduce your topic with a catchy statement or sentence. You want to grasp the readers attention and then following that sentence would be a supporting sentence to your thesis . You will then nee to draft the body of your essay. Drafting the body of the essay is basically the paragraphs that support and explain your thesis. At the end of your paper comes your conclusion. The conclusion wraps of what you have said in the body of your paper and ends it with your final thoughts.
I found that reading this chapter has helped me better understand the dynamics of building a strong paper. I plan to exercise what I have learned to help build a stronger paper in the future. I will focus on developing a strong thesis and attention grabbing sentence in my introduction. I also will use these tools to leave my readers with a sentence or question that will keep them thinking about my topic long after they have finished reading it.
About Me
- Andrea Montalvan
- Hello there everyone! My name is Andrea. I am twenty-five years old. I have a seven week old little girl. I am currently a stay at home mom. I grew up and am still located in Clearlake. I am majoring in nursing. I am pretty sure that I want to be a nurse, but as many people I am sometimes still unsure. I love to hunt, fish and to go running. I enjoy being outdoors with my daughter and my fiancé. We hunt turkeys, ducks, pheasant and deer. We have a chocolate lab named Remington. He is trained for hunting and retrieving birds. We enjoy the simple country life here in Clearlake. As far as college goes I am excited for another semester. I am a visual learner who likes to try to get my assignments in a little earlier than the due dates. I do have to take my time when it comes to reading. I have a hard time focusing while I am reading since I am not a sit down and read type of person. I only read for the sake of my classes, otherwise I hate reading. I am hoping to become a better at reading and writing this semester. I am a little rusty since I have been out of school for eight years now. I look forward to getting to know all of you in the course.
No comments:
Post a Comment