While reading chapter one I learned that writing a successful paper takes many steps and careful planning. Making sure that you are familiar with your topic and developing an outline are key components to writing successfully also. Outlining will help you divide your ideas up appropriately so your paper is well organized and flows. One of the tools they talked about in this chapter was annotating texts.
Annotating the text includes underlining, highlighting and taking notes. Once you have done all of these things than you should feel confident in developing your thesis. The thesis is what you plan on proving and convincing your readers to believe also. The thesis can always be revised once you get deeper into your writing of the paper, but having a launching point is important. Now onto the actual writing of your paper.
Taking into consideration who your audience will be is very important. Being creative in your writing is important and will help you be able to capture the attention of any audience. This is something that I know I really need to work on. I always write only to impress one audience member and that is my instructor. If I broaden my thoughts I may find that my writing skills will improve. I am going to take the things I have learned from this chapter and apply it to my next writing assignment.
About Me
- Andrea Montalvan
- Hello there everyone! My name is Andrea. I am twenty-five years old. I have a seven week old little girl. I am currently a stay at home mom. I grew up and am still located in Clearlake. I am majoring in nursing. I am pretty sure that I want to be a nurse, but as many people I am sometimes still unsure. I love to hunt, fish and to go running. I enjoy being outdoors with my daughter and my fiancé. We hunt turkeys, ducks, pheasant and deer. We have a chocolate lab named Remington. He is trained for hunting and retrieving birds. We enjoy the simple country life here in Clearlake. As far as college goes I am excited for another semester. I am a visual learner who likes to try to get my assignments in a little earlier than the due dates. I do have to take my time when it comes to reading. I have a hard time focusing while I am reading since I am not a sit down and read type of person. I only read for the sake of my classes, otherwise I hate reading. I am hoping to become a better at reading and writing this semester. I am a little rusty since I have been out of school for eight years now. I look forward to getting to know all of you in the course.
No comments:
Post a Comment