In Chapter 3 of Rules for Writers the main focus was global revisions. The important aspects of a successful revision are focus, purpose, content, organization and your strategy. Writing what you want to write and then stepping away from it for a while is important. After you have cleared your head and are ready to come back to read it, you have to come back as a member of the audience, not as the writer. This is an effective way to be able to evaluate the writing from another point of view. Next you need to revise your sentences for any grammatical errors and their effectiveness on your topic. Your last task is to proof read your paper. Effective proof reading is done out loud and slowly, checking for any errors that may still be left. Reading out loud helps you say and hear what you wrote opposed to what you thought you wrote.
I have never gone this in depth with my editing of my papers. I think that this will help me become a much better writer. I plan on applying these editing tools to my next paper. I have never felt confident in the papers I turn in, but I think that this will help my confidence in my papers. I found this Chapter to be very informative and I look forward to exercising these editing tools.
About Me
- Andrea Montalvan
- Hello there everyone! My name is Andrea. I am twenty-five years old. I have a seven week old little girl. I am currently a stay at home mom. I grew up and am still located in Clearlake. I am majoring in nursing. I am pretty sure that I want to be a nurse, but as many people I am sometimes still unsure. I love to hunt, fish and to go running. I enjoy being outdoors with my daughter and my fiancé. We hunt turkeys, ducks, pheasant and deer. We have a chocolate lab named Remington. He is trained for hunting and retrieving birds. We enjoy the simple country life here in Clearlake. As far as college goes I am excited for another semester. I am a visual learner who likes to try to get my assignments in a little earlier than the due dates. I do have to take my time when it comes to reading. I have a hard time focusing while I am reading since I am not a sit down and read type of person. I only read for the sake of my classes, otherwise I hate reading. I am hoping to become a better at reading and writing this semester. I am a little rusty since I have been out of school for eight years now. I look forward to getting to know all of you in the course.
No comments:
Post a Comment